Thursday, January 10, 2013

Introversion

introverts

I read this recently in Quiet, by Susan Cain and just thought, Jesus Hemingway Christ, I’m an introvert!:

"Introverts, in contrast, may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas. They prefer to devote their social energies to close friends, colleagues, and family. They listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation. They tend to dislike conflict. Many have a horror of small talk, but enjoy deep discussions."

8 comments:

MARTA said...

I think i'm (secretly) an introvert too... :)

Couture Carrie said...

Hmmmm... definitely not an introvert, but know so many!

xoxox,
CC

Ashley said...

Oh, I've known for awhile that I am an introvert to the maxxxxx. Deep discussions all the way! Pajamas, check!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I definitely have a few qualities of an introvert but could never claim to think before I speak or listen more than I talk! Does this make me an intro-extrovert or neither?

Elsa de Diego said...

I read this book! What a nice coincidence! I relate to most of it a lot! :) Happy 2013!

trishie said...

I'm definitely an introvert then!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Hmmm...maybe I'm at introvert than...I took a test in psychology once & it showed I was extroverted, so maybe it was wrong, ha! This makes more sense. Happy Friday doll x

Thelma Frayne said...

Elsa, that paragraph in particular could have been written about me. I never knew!

Psychology tests usually show me as Extroverted too Kizzy.

Susan did a really good talk on TED on Introversion too. Hers a link for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4